Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pre-Race Jitters

Today I am heading on the plane to go to Salt Lake City to do my second go around at the Salt Lake City Marathon!  What am I thinking!!!  I keep thinking to myself it was actually enjoyable last year to some extent, I mean who wouldn't run 13.1 miles to get a free hotdog and chocolate milk?  Ok, so that is not why I do it.  But it does taste good....ok ok getting back on course here...I am really excited for this.  I love the feeling of finishing and knowing my family is at the end cheering me on. I love watching my older brothers finish the race and seeing them light up when they realize they just broke their personal record.  I love watching my sister finish no matter how much her knee hurts.  I love seeing my niece and nephew be old enough to experience this with their parents and aunts and uncles.  It makes me happy knowing that we have great parents that are willing to wait hours to have a split second thrill of watching their children come around the corner to  step across a much anticipated finish line.  
I may not look as good as I want to for this race.  I will probably not go as fast as I have dreams about, but with my new pink Under Aurmer Shirt and my fabulous socks that keep be blister free, I should be ok!

SO bring it on!  Here I come, Ready or Not!

4 comments:

Torri P said...

you guys are so awesome! I had to stop running already :( It is not doing good on my ankle, so until I get it checked, I have to stop. I wish I could come cheer you on!!! Good luck , and have fun!!

amy morgan said...

Go April!!

Jennie Moore said...

April,

First let me say that you are an amazing woman! Great job finishing the half marathon. You are truly remarkable!!! Second, I am running a 1/2 marathon in June. I am not ready for it. I told myself I would walk if I had too. I hope I can be as cool as you and run it all the way! You are an inspiration!

Jen

Cori said...

I loooove those socks. I own several pair and would never run without them. Congrats on the half!