Thursday, August 7, 2008

My new "used" car!!



So I found this car after weeks of searching for a dark blue sedan with lower miles than 100k and didn't look like the car had seen its last days. When I went down to look at this car, it was perfect inside and out and the lady and her son were the nicest people!

However, this car was NOT easy for me to obtain. Here is my story.

Monday Aug 4, I went down to meet Sylvia at the bank to take care of the loan. At 3:00pm I showed up early so I could get my account stuff taken care of first. When the bank lady (Linda) asked me for my drivers license, I pulled out my of course a Utah Drivers license and she gave me this look...."Ma'am you need an Arizona Driver's license in order to get this car loan! So I quickly called Sylvia and told her we would have to sign everything the following day after I spent the morning at the DMV (It is MVD here in AZ) getting a new license. I asked Linda what I needed in order to get my license. We went over the paperwork with a fine tooth comb, and it looked like I was ok with what I had. My old DL and another form of ID which could be my bank card.

I went home dissapointed, but tomorrow everything would work out great! .....Right???? Well, I showed up at the MVD at 7:55am. Got right in line, and walked up to the counter when they opened at 8am. I told them what I needed and their reply was "Ma'am you need an original copy of your Birth Certificate." WHAT???? Where did that come from? Show me on this paper that I have to have that! "Right here" says the man behind the counter. "Utah is a bla bla bla bla bla State that requires you to have this fom of identification when applying for another DL."

I tried to call the Mom, but she did not answer. Looks like I was going to have to put Sylvia off again until I could get my mom to overnight me my BC. I sat in the parking lot in tears at a loss of what I could do to get this car. I even tried calling my bank to see if they could hurry and put a loan together. Yeah, they don't do car loans anymore. I called Sylvia and told her what had happened and if she needed to give the car to someone else I would understand. (not really, but what else could I do.) I called Linda at the bank and told her my situation. There was a light at the end of the tunnel. Linda had figured out that if I get a different kind of loan, then I could by pass not having to have an AZ DL and all would be well! After getting "special" permission to use my check stub as a "Proof of Residency" since that is all I had (that was ALMOST another bump in the road) I finally was able to meet Sylvia ( I called her back and told her Game On...again) and was able to drive home in my car.

But then I had to have my sweet cousin Tara drive in horrible traffic to get my old car back to my house. That was a fun 3 hours! Thanks Tara for letting me take you away from your family!On the way home from doing this, I felt rushed to call and get my car added to my insurance, and also to finally let them know my policy needed to come to AZ. Good thing I did, because that night I got pulled over because they could not see my tags. Perfect way to end such a lovely day.

So the story is not over yet, and may not be for a while. My BC is no where to be found. I had to order a new one and it could take up to a month for it to come. In the mean time, I can't get an AZ DL without it. I can't get my car registered in my name without an AZ DL. I have a 3 day tag on my car which expires tomorrow. Therefore, after being SO excited to save SO much on gas, my cute little blue car must SIT!!!!

Who thinks up these crazy things anyway? I want to drive my car! Everyone pray that a miracle happens and my BC comes quick!!!

2 comments:

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

April,
Okay friend can I even tell you how dang long it took me to find your blog!!! I couldn't find your comment you left and Koby and I had a misunderstanding on your address. Anyways, YEAH I found you and miss you cute friend. Talk to you soon. Hey did Brian (Chad's cousin) ever call you? He called us and asked us for your number last week.
Love Ya,
Amanda

Jennie Moore said...

Apes, I just have to say that when I was in AZ, I had to registar my car. But I still had my Utah license. You may not be able to get a loan, but you should be able to get your registration without a AZ license. Maybe just double check. Anyway, congrats on your new car. It looks good!