Thursday, July 10, 2008

April's Fabulous 4th!!

I had such a great 4th of July this year! Normally one in Arizona would sit outside and melt while watching the fireworks, or watch them from their car so they could have the AC blasting, but I hang out a lot with this really smart guy, and he suggested we get out of the blazing hot valley and head to a little town called Payson. I had obviously never been there before, so I was all about the adventure and escaping the heat. I have to tell a funny story that happened on the way. We were about 15 miles from Payson when I realized Josh got really quiet, and had been for the past twenty minutes or so. Normally nothing is wrong, but I had a funny feeling, so I in a joking sort of way told him he sure got quiet when he was driving. He replied back by saying that he only got that quiet when he was worried about something. I was thinking...oh no...what is he worried about? Well, he proceeded to tell me that his gas light had come on about fifty miles back. He thought he would be ok because the next town was only five miles. Well, no gas station there. The next town, still no gas station. This is when he started to get really worried. Somehow, we managed to drive the rest of the way to Payson on nothing but fumes. How we made it, I don't know but we did. We pulled into this Mobil station and filled up....of course as we pulled closer into town gas was .10 cents cheaper! We spent the rest of the evening checking out the town's little antique shops and doing a lot of people watching. I wish I had a picture of where we watched the fireworks because it was so beautiful! They did the fireworks right over this big pond in the middle of the park. Oh how I love this country!!
See those clouds coming in? Well, they got closer, bigger, and darker. It poured for the next couple of hours. It felt SOOO good though to be in that cooler weather with the rain coming down. Luckily it only drizzled a little while we enjoyed the fireworks. Our $1 hotdog and chips didn't even get that soggy! Ok this is a boring picture, but I had to take a picture of the rain! It just felt so dang good!
The classic take a picture by yourself pose. Gotta love those long arms!!
Ok so I just thought this picture was funny! I realized after I was standing there getting my hair all wet that I had a hoody on! I got a little out of control with it keeping me from getting so wet! Josh had to have his funnel cake. He waited a long time in line to enjoy the powdered sugar drizzled concoction.
They had this cool memorial set up at the park we were at. Of course I had to take a picture of the Air Force plaque they had. Thank you Spencer for doing what you do!


No comments: