Lane, Tara, Shawn, Sheila, April and Josh
No one even came close to Shawn's score! He beat us all!
Breaking at the "snacks!"
Sheila out for a visit to see the Martinsen ClanIt is so exciting to have family come and visit! Even though they are my extended family and not my immediate family, I still get very excited. It really does make me less homesick.
One of my dear sweet cousins Shiela came down to visit her daughter Tara. I was so eager for her to come since we had become such good friends when I lived in Salt Lake.
On Saturday we spent all day hanging out at the pool just visiting and telling good stories. It was a day hanging out with the girls, while Abram washed my car! (Of course I had to pay up for that one!)
We all got some sunburns, but the laughs made up for it.
On Monday Tara's brother Shawn was in Phoenix for business. He invited us all down to the Biltmore hotel and treated us all to dinner. It was some yummy food! One of those nice fancy restaurants where you have to pay attention to what fork you need to use and what side you are to take your napkin from. The best part wasn't the food though, it was Shawn's great story telling. At one point I was laughing hard, and at another, I could feel this great love he had for his children. I love having those rare, special moments with family.
After dinner we went back to his fancy hotel suite where we played games, and of course ......had treats. I mean what Johnson, or Johnsen plays games without a big bowl of something edible next to them?
Of course during the game playing came more stories such as our memories playing games with Uncle/Grandpa Dell. We were all laughing so hard we all had tears in our eyes. Josh was even laughing, but I am sure he was laughing AT us rather then WITH us since I am sure he just thought we were all crazy! I tried to give him enough warning about certain topics that may come up whenever you have more then one Johnson in the room, but luckily we only got to that fine line rather then crossing it. Tara was very thankful we didn't bring up certain "subjects" if you know what what I mean.
It was such a great Family Home Evening. I love those opportunities to get to know some of my family better. They simply are the best.
2 comments:
it was such a fun night! I am so happy that you are here so I don't miss my family so much. THanks for going to the airport with me to take my mom back. It kept me from crying on the way home. You are the best! love ya.
Glad you had fun. What an honor to be the babysitter so you guys could have a relaxing night you deserved!! haha. love ya
Post a Comment