Thursday, June 26, 2008

Koby got Married!!!!

On June 25, 2008 my buddy Koby was married in the Salt Lake Temple. Despite his "Girls are nothing but trouble" talks, I knew it was just that......TALK! I always told him that the minute he found the right one, all of his fears would melt away. He has found one amazing girl. That night was the first night I met Mandy, but trust me, I feel like I know her pretty well with all the stories Koby was able to share with me. I know he is extremely happy, and I am sure proud of him.
I will never forget the day I met this tall, goofy kid. He walked into the Toyshare office with a contagious smile and we have been friends ever since. I loved going into work so I could share all my boy stories with him. Not only did he hear my boy stories, but he heard pretty much everything else! Ok, so 99% of it was my frustrations about work, and when I walked into his office and shut the door, he knew to stop what ever he was doing and give me his full attention. When I REALLY needed to vent, we always escaped to Quiznos or wherever the "boys" (you know who you are) wanted to go that day. Koby and I always were the ones to pick up something for lunch. Which we loved most of the time so we could get away from the office and have our daily deep conversation.
I could go on and on about all the many conversations I was able to have with Koby, but my chapter has been closed, and he is on to much more FABULOUS adventures with his sweet new wife Mandy.



I was flooded with memories of the past few years at the reception that evening. I love seeing familiar faces that bring back such happy, wonderful times. I can't possibly say that ALL my memories of my former place of work were all wonderful, but the individuals that helped me through are the ones that will always be a positive part of my life.
This is Chad and his wife Amanda. Chad was the most amazing, kind, patient boss one could ever ask for. ( I would say this about Adrian too, but I think he was a few hours late, and the party had gone home! So no pictures of Adrian!) Chad's wife put up with a lot from all of us, but luckily I was able to make both of these individuals two of my friends, and I sincerely hope that friendship continues no matter where we are in our lives. This is Chad and Amanda's sweet little girl. I tried a few times to get her to look at the camera, but she was too busy flirting with all the boys!

Jennica was another person that I had a great opportunity not only to work with, but to become friends with. When you get her, you get her way cool husband Will. Oh how I am so thankful for great friends!



Last but not least, Jeremy from work. I would have others up on here, but this is the clan that showed up that evening. I don't miss the company, but I do miss my friends. For the most part, we all LOVED coming to work because each one of us truly cared about the other person, despite the fact a few of us would never admit it!
All in all, seeing everyone that night made me a little homesick, but I am thankful for all the new changes in my life.
Because of one decision I made over three years ago, I have truly been blessed by some of the most amazing people, and I am a better person because of what each one of them was able to teach and share with me.

No comments: