Sunday, May 18, 2008

Paitence and Popcorn

I love going to the movies. I mean, I really, really, really love going to the movies! Especially alone. Anyone that knows me, knows that on occasion after work, or a Saturday afternoon, you could find me driving to Jordan Commons with no passengers, getting ready to see a really good movie. There is nothing better then sitting down (anywhere you want, without having to ask someone where they would like to sit) with popcorn and drink in hand. Sometimes I would keep the laughter to myself since I felt silly sitting there alone, but other times I would burst into laughter, or shed a few tears. (which is easier to do alone then laughing) Some girls go to the spa or go shopping to "get away" but me, a dark movie theatre with a box of Jr. Mints in hand.

But yesterday was Definitely not my usual movie theatre experience!
My friend Josh and I decided to go see Prince Caspian from the Chronicles of Narnia. But that is not all we decided. We also decided to take oh say a few dozen kids with us. Ok maybe not that many, but it sure seemed close!
All of his nieces and nephews, along with my three cousins.
Have you ever tried saving twelve seats? Not an easy task! Dirty looks, ladies that wanted to look up the "policy," and several almost moments of, we are just going to sit there anyway because you can't stop us!

I think before the previews even ended, we had already spilled a drink and knocked over half a bag of popcorn! Which wasn't even the kids! Then came trying to make sure everyone liked who they were sitting by, both on the left and right side, popcorn was on laps, thirst was easily taken care of with drinks in the drink holders, and of course a large supply of Jr. Mints, Hot Tamales, Reese's Pieces..... Did I miss anything?
Twenty minutes into the movie Emma wanted to know if it was almost over. Thirty minutes into the movie Grace ran out of her stock of candy. Forty-five minutes into the movie we got the "SSHHH" from the lady in front of us that thought she was coming to a quite movie theatre when the whole place was full of excited children!
I tell you what though, it was a blast! I even watched 99.9% of the movie! I need to watch it a few more times to catch all the Gospel insights C.S. Lewis is able to capture. I would pick up on a few and get the chills thinking about what it could be compared to pertaining to the Plan of Salvation. How did this man know all these things? Was he given a copy of the Pearl of Great Price? Or was he just truly inspired to share with the world the Plan of Happiness through his own words? However he was able to do it, he was right on. If only the rest of the world really, really knew the symbolism behind each character and their journey through this thing called life.

This is my pal Abe. Abe wasn't super excited about spending the day with me, but after the movie was over he said it was in his top three!








2 comments:

Josh said...

That was such a fun day! I enjoyed every minute of it.

Tara said...

hey thanks for taking my kids! they always have fun with you and Josh.