Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seven Years



I think like all of you this morning I woke up with that solemn feeling. Sure it has been 7 years since that awful morning, but each year, I wake up with the same feeling of solitude and cry a little on my way to work.
I see images of people after so many years still grieve for their loved ones, and still trying to find something to fill that void in their hearts.

If only everyone that lost a loved one that day knew about the sweet Plan of Salvation.

I had several opportunities on my mission to share a certain story and let them know that they will see their loved ones again. A husband of a family I spoke with had several friends killed that day. He just happened to be lucky enough to be late for work. Ever since then, he felt like it was his mission to find out what was out there to help him get through this. Tears came down his face when he knew meaning of that sweet Plan.

So many people lost someone they loved that day. I myself lost a dear friend.

But today actually is a really neat day because they are dedicating a Memorial for the Pentagon.
Click here for the story.

It looks like such an amazing place. It is the first completed memorial for September 11

Today should be a day to reflect on how important this country should be to each one of us. What we at one time were all willing to do to stand up for our nation.
There are so many people continueing to put their lives in danger for us. There are several people I know that are serving our country to protect us. I could never list them all, but their are two people in my life that I feel like I want to mention. Both of these fine young men serve in tne United States Air Force.

First off, my best friend's husband, Who I also consider to be one of my closest friends. Major Bradley Dyer. He has been to Afghanistan leaving behind his little family, and now he is in Guam. He serves his country proud, and I know his family is very proud of him as well. Thank you for all you do!
(Sorry this is the only picture I had of him)
And last, my dear sweet, wonderful brother Staff Seargant Spencer E. Johnson. He too has served in Afghanistan. At the time he had to leave his wife and new little baby. It was such a huge sacrifice for him and his family to make. He has served at Warner Robbins Air Force Base in Georgia and now at Warner Air Force Base in Cheyenne Wyoming. Spencer has been such a example to me. I know it is not easy on him or his wife each time he has to fullfill and assignment, but I know each time we are all proud of him and what he has been able to accomplish.


So today is a great day to reflect on the people that protect us so we can live in such a Beautiful and wonderful place. A place I truly know has been set up for miraculous things to take place in the Latter Days.

2 comments:

SpencLeSJord said...

Thanks Apes....you made me tear up a little bit. We had a little ceremony at work today...a slide show and moment of silence for the victims. It is still kinda surreal for me because I was not even in the country when it happened. I was in Apeldoorn Netherlands on my mission.

Shiela Campbell said...

I haven't gotten into the blog thing much but did take a few minutes today and you made my cry. You are such a beautiful, sweet person april.
Thank you for being such a good influence in an old
aunt's life!